Photos of Konza Prairie before it was Konza Prairie
These photos are from 1938 to sometime in the 1960s. This was after the Deweys sold the ranch in 1930 and it changed hands three different times over these years. The house and barn depicted in the photos were built of locally quarried limestone in 1911-1912 and served to house the ranch’s cowhands and their horses. These photos were provided by Ms. Helen Burtis, whose father was one of the ranch managers.